Saturday, August 10, 2013

From Bare Walls to Finished Walls

Welcome to my first blog.
I have always had a themed classroom and this year will be no different.  Last year, I knew what I wanted my classroom theme to be when I walked into Dollar General and saw a starburst hall pass. Yes, that is what I said- a starburst hall pass.  It doesn't take much to spark my excitement.  :)

Beginning in June, I researched (and bought) a lot of things that dealt with superheroes and starbursts.  My wonderful husband helped me with bringing my classroom idea to a reality.  I have added my pictures below.  It is still an unfinished project, but it is getting to what I had visioned.  It has taken several months of late nights and long hours for it to happen.
Here is my board outside of my door. 

 BORING DOOR! I still have to come up with something to put up on the door.
                                               

                        My wonderful husband helped me tremendously with my  
                                                          buildings. 
                      As you can see, I added some buildings around my door.

I added the final touch to my bulletin board... superheroes.  Now, I have name tags on my board.  I am going to have my class decorate a superhero out of paper bags and put them up on the board during the first week of school OR I may put a picture of them on my board.  I made a superhero first day of school picture frame.
I WILL ADD THE PICTURE OF MY FRAME LATER.


This is my reading center.  I have PVC pipes as my curtain rods. 


Look at the back wall. I will change the genre board.
Here is where my vision becomes a reality, along with my large bulletin board wall outside my door. Again, thank you, honey, for your hard work.

As you can see here, I have added a few superheroes to spice up my buildings. It wouldn't be a superhero theme without superheroes. 

I love my new curtain.  It is for my reading center.  My 5th graders love the idea of having some privacy, even though, they do not get to close the curtain. :) I will actually have two curtains in my classroom, but my awesome mother is hemming (see how long) the curtains (I do not have time) but I add photos when they are up and ready. 

My calendar before I changed it. As you can see, I had the space theme last year, because we went to space camp.

My new superhero calendar.

I still have a lot to do but here are a few superheroes flying around my classroom.  I will try and take some closeup pictures later.




No comments:

Post a Comment